Hi, my name is Michelle Walz and I am the founder of expatparent. I offer services to parents, parents-to-be, and new arrivals to Switzerland. I also lead workshops for perinatal professionals. From Consultations, to Workshops & Groups, to Online Support, the options are diverse. I also write blogs that cover topics relevant to expatriate parents (as the page name suggests!). Take a look through my pages, below at the blogs, or use the search to browse through old topics.
The Desalpe de Saint-Cergue marks the official start to autumn in Western Switzerland, and with autumn we have the onset of second-hand sales, fairs, trocs, vide greniers and puces. The first weekend in October is also the onset of the “Fete de la Vigne” or the Festival of the Vine. Something for parents (to pick up things for their kids) and something for parents (without their kids).
Here’s a short line-up of the sales :
- Troc de Cheserex, 27 September 2014
- La Cote Autumn Fair, Founex, 27 September 2014
- Troc de Prangins, 27 September 2014
- Bourse aux Velos, ProVelo, Morges, 27 September 2014
- Puces de Nyon, 28 September 2014
- International Children’s Clothing Sale, Eglise Sacre-Coeur Geneva, 12 October 2014
- Troc de Jouets, Crans-pres-Celigny, 01 November 2014
- Troc de Chavannes-de-Bogis, 8 November 2014
More will be added as dates discovered, so come back soon.
It’s that time of year again, cool weather, damp mornings, the risk of frost. Which means higher elevations are even cooler and chillier… not good for cattle. So, this weekend the herds of cattle that have “summered” in the alps and the jura will make their way to their winter homes in the valley.
The closest “desalpe” or descent from the Alps, for families living in the La Cote area is the Desalpe de St. Cergue, which starts early Saturday morning, 27 September 2014, and goes until just after lunch (with kiosks and food stands open all day).
Have a look at y 2012 blog post to learn more.
Earlier this year, the City of Nyon published its information letter “Vivre a Nyon” which was distributed to all mailboxes across the city and commune of Nyon. The major articles covered:
- The School Project “Le Reposoir”
- New Online Maps of Nyon
- Extension of exposition at the Musée du Léman
- New “Local de Quartier” in the new apartment building on Route des Tattes d’Oie 91
- New web platform for sports clubs
Events coming up this week and later in September:
- Awareness Week against Littering from 8-13 September 2014
- Journées du Patrimoine on 13 & 14 September 2014
- Inauguration of La Cote Half-Marathon on 14 September 2014 (route du Lac from Aubonne to Colovray closed all day Sunday) (Why not volunteer?)
- Nyon Vision 2030 event at UNIglobal on 19 September 2014
- Cirque Knie at Place Perdtemp from 19-21 September 2014
- New “Espace Filles” starting 27 September at the Local du Quartier du Reposoir
Click on “Vivre a Nyon” to download the PDF of the information letter.